The Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League, Inc. (MAGDRL) was organized in 1979 to serve the seven states of the Mid-Atlantic region. The organization is a DC corporation and has a charitable tax-expemption under 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
MAGDRL is staffed completely by volunteers. Like all humane groups, MAGDRL is in the unique position of helping both humans and pets. In our case, the pets are Great Danes and mixed Dane dogs, and the people are those who have or want the companionship of the breed or, often, just dogs in general.
MAGDRL helps people to:
- Determine the right breed of dog for their lifestyle
- Find healthy and companionable Danes that fit their circumstances
- Find loving replacement homes for Danes they can no longer keep
- Become knowledgeable about the care and training of their Great Danes
- Resolve their Danes physical/behavioral problem
- Overcome the grief at the loss of their loved pet
- Stretch their tax dollar by assuming the Dane burden from public shelters
MAGDRL helps Danes:
- By providing for the rescue and care of those who have been abandoned, neglected, and/or abused by their previous owners
- We spay/neuter and provide medical treatment as necessary to return the Dane back to good health
- We supply training/socialization to ensure their adaptability to new, good homes
- We work to place rescue Danes to people who provide secure, loving, and healthy homes